Think Indigenous Youth Ambassador Challenge
Think Indigenous Education Conference 2018 is proud to announce the TIEC 2018 Youth Ambassador Challenge. Students will compete for a chance to present a "Red Talk" at the 2018 Think Indigenous Education Conference 2018. Along with presenting alongside some of the world's top speakers, successful students will receive a $500.00 grand prize, a Think Indigenous Jacket, a hand crafted award, mileage and accommodation to Saskatoon, SK.
The TIEC 2018 Youth Ambassador Challenge is an opportunity for High School students from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta to develop leadership skills and become agents of change. Think Indigenous encourages youth to develop and implement programs in their own communities that promote Change through Indigenous Knowledge, Story and Education. The Think Indigenous Red Talk stage will bring awareness to the amazing things our youth are doing in our communities.
Think Indigenous Youth Ambassador Challenge Criteria
* Open to Full Time High School Indigenous students.
* Must be attending High School in one of the following: Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta.
* Must be Drug & Alcohol Free.
* Must have a 90% attendance rate or higher in school.
* Community Volunteer Experience
* Comfortable Speaking to Large Audiences
* Must be free to Travel to Saskatoon on March 14-16, 2018.
* Contest is Open to Indigenous Students aged 13-21.
Think Indigenous Youth Ambassador Challenge Contest
1. Students will compete for two spots to speak at the Think Indigenous Education Conference 2018
2. Students must submit one reference from their school and one reference from their community, references must share why they support this student and give examples of their impact on the school and the community. References are DUE January 12, 2018.
3. Students must submit an essay no longer than 500 words answering the question "How can schools improve the graduation rates of Indigenous students?". The top 20 essays will be published online on our website and in the Think Indigenous Education Conference 2018 booklet. Essay's are DUE January 12, 2018.
4. ONLY the top 20 Essays selected will move on in the competition and be contacted to create a 5-10 minute promotional video using iMovie that speaks the importance of Indigenous Identity, Culture and Language. Videos are DUE February 2, 2018.
5. The top 10 videos will be uploaded on our website.
6. Your Application Package Includes: References, Essay and Consent Form, DUE January 12, 2018.
Think Indigenous Application Package should be sent to:
Think Indigenous Education Conference 2018
Indian Teacher Education Program
Room 3076 ,College of Education
28 Campus Drive, Saskatoon SK
A completed application package consists of the following:
1. TWO written references; one from your school and one from a community member.
2. An Essay no longer than 500 words that answers the questions "How can schools improve the graduation rates of Indigenous Students?".
3. A completed consent form.